There is no one size fit approach in the website design & development process. Whether you’re coming up with a new business, solidifying your formal business, or scaling up your existing business, you will need a website.
What type of website should your business have?
Specific business needs would determine the different types of websites that can be created. Your website is your window to the online world, and it should represent your business in the best way possible.
There are many different types of websites, each created with different objectives. Different types of websites serve their own purpose, which is why they are all great at doing what they do best. Here are some popular website types that you can choose from:
- e-Commerce Site/Online Store: If your business is selling products online, then an eCommerce site is the best choice for you. An eCommerce website can include a storefront, payment integration, shipping options, and product descriptions. Some popular eCommerce platforms are Shopify, Bigcommerce, Woo-commerce, Open Cart.
- Portfolio Website: If you sell innovative services, then a portfolio website is best to showcase your works, designs, images, videos of your service. It helps you establish credibility within your industry. A portfolio website needs regular updates to show your consistency and reliability. Different types of portfolio websites include photography sites, design sites, service sites, etc.
- Personal/Blog Website: If you are a celebrity, an entrepreneur, or have some expertise in any field and want to share it with others, then blogging is the best way to do so. It’s very easy to get started with personal blog sites and it can be a very engaging way to connect with your customers. The most popular blogging platforms are WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger, etc.
- Landing Page or Lead Generation Website: A lead generation website acts as a ‘middle man’ between your business and prospective customers. It has one objective which is to capture visitor information to identify potential customers and drive them towards a conversion. Lead generation websites are commonly used by businesses that sell products via phone, email, or physical contact.
- Non-Profit or Cause Website: If your organization is driven by a mission, vision, and values, then a non-profit website is best for you. Different types of non-profits and cause websites include: “Empowerment” website; “Advocacy & Awareness” website; “Community Engagement” website.
- Event Website: An event website can be used to promote an upcoming event. Different types of events that have websites include conferences, seminars, workshops, fundraisers. Event websites are created with specific event information, speaker profiles, sponsorship opportunities, registration options, etc.
- Business/Corporate Website: If your organization is serious about doing business online, then you need a website for your business. Different types of business websites include the “Corporate” website; “B2B/B2C” website; “E-commerce” website; “Professional Services” website, etc. This type of website will showcase you as a professional organization, especially if you are targeting the global market. Different countries have different expectations for online businesses, so it’s important to understand your target audience.
- News Website: Different types of news websites include online newspapers, community news sites, blogs, magazines, etc. If your website covers breaking news, updates, or special reports it should be considered as a news website. Different types of news websites focus on different audiences. For example, if you want to connect with a mainstream audience, then a news website should have broad content. If your targeted audience is more specific, then you should have more niche content. Different types of news websites include local, regional, national, international news.
- SaaS Websites: If you are selling Sofware as a Service (SaaS), then you need a website that will help you connect with customers online. You need to show the features of your software, why they should be paying for it, what value you provide, and how to buy it. Different types of SaaS-based websites is Subscription management, Help-desk software, e-commerce software, etc.
- Community or Forum Website: Different types of community or forum websites include online forums, newsgroups, social networks, etc. Different types of community websites serve different purposes and have different features. For example, Social networking sites help you connect and communicate with your friends and family. Different things you can do on social networking sites include posting pictures, sharing updates & stories, following people, etc.
- Agency Website: If you are an agency having various services to offer, then you need an agency website. Different types of agency websites include non-profit agency websites; creative agency websites; event planning agency websites, digital marketing, etc. Every agency would have different requirements for the content, features, services, portfolio showcasing, blog updates, etc.
- Engineering Website: If you are into the engineering business then you need an engineering website. Your business might be selling services and products both, but an engineering website is meant for your prospects and customers. Different types of engineering websites include Aerospace; Automotive; Chemical; oil and gas; semiconductor; chemical; clean energy, etc.
Choosing the right type of website for your business:
Now that we have explained to you various types of websites, it’s would certainly not difficult to understand the blend of the right type of website for your business. A right choice of a type of website for your business will help you connect with the right people, generate leads, and convert them into customers.
The main goal is to have a strong brand presence at first place which has been integrated with a website that represents every aspect of your organization so that if somebody wants to know more about you they can easily access it through a single click without spending hours looking up each service/product you offer.
This is what makes your business more professional and credible which will further help in engaging your customers for a long-term commitment.
If you are still confused about what type of website suits best to your business? then don’t worry, we are here to make things right for you. We can assist you to map out a strategy that will work best for your business and convert your planned goals into reality. All you need is to share your requirements with us, sit back and watch as we make things happen for you. Contact us right away and get started now.